If you are interested in applying to our Family Medicine Residency Program, here are some recommendations and guidelines to help get you started.
We do not mail out applications. All applications must be submitted electronically via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). In addition to applying through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), the following application information must be received no later than January 1 of each recruitment year in order for your application to be considered:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dean's letter
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one of the letters should be from family medicine experience)
- Medical School Transcript
- Passage of USMLE Part I or COMLEX Part I Board Scores
- Passage of USMLE Part II or COMLEX Part II Board Scores
- Personal Statement
Additional requirements include:
- All International Medical Graduates (IMGs) must be permanent residents or United States citizens. We do not sponsor any type of visa.
- For all non-LCME schools, at least one year of previous experience within the United States healthcare system is recommended
- Applicants must have graduated from medical school within the last five years
Once all of the above information is received through ERAS, your application will be reviewed by the program faculty and the Program Administrator. If you are invited for an interview, you will receive an email message from the Program Director.
We look forward to receiving and reviewing your residency application. Please continue to visit our website for further information regarding the unique features of our Family Medicine Residency Program, we appreciate your interest and look forward to hearing from you.
Learn more about the city of Columbus