Mount Carmel's Internal Medicine Residency Program is led by a dedicated group of clinicians that encompasses full-time internal medicine faculty and subspecialists. All members are board certified and most are recertified in internal medicine and/or their particular specialty. This level of involvement ensures residents a real-world view of medical practice and of the physician-patient relationship.
John Weiss, MD, FACP
- Dr. John C. Weiss is the Program Director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program. A native of Ohio, he obtained his Bachelor of Science Degree from Wright State University and his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Cincinnati. He completed his residency training in Internal Medicine at Indiana University Medical Center.
- Dr. Weiss began his journey as an educator at the Indiana University Medical Center as an Assistant Professor of Clinical of Medicine. He then served as the Director of Ambulatory Education and Associate Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency at Indiana University-Muncie Campus before returning to Ohio and accepting his present position as Program Director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program.
- Dr. Weiss is board certified in Internal Medicine and a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. He is a dedicated medical educator. He has played a key role in improving the quality of the resident training in each program he has served and earning various student and resident teaching awards. His academic interests include clinical informatics, curriculum development, and healthcare quality and safety, presenting these topics on a state and national level. He was instrumental in developing an International Medicine Rotation for senior Internal Medicine Trainees.
- Dr. Weiss enjoys watching college and professional football, participating in the arts, and spending time with his wife Melissa and daughter Olivia. Presently, he serves as Vice President of the Board of Trustees for the Columbus Children’s Theatre.
Lisa Hamilton, MD
Metro West Ambulatory Care Director
- Dr. Hamilton is looking forward to making Metro West "the place to be."
- She also hopes to teach the residents more procedures and focus on preventative care, which are a few of her passions in medicine.
- She is the instructor for Culinary Medicine at Mount Carmel and is very involved with the GME garden.
- Dr. Hamilton is from Columbus and lives in Hilliard with her husband and two daughters.
Binay Eapen, MD
Associate Program Director
Director of Medical Student Education
- Dr. Eapen is a Board Certified Internist and graduate of our residency program. Dr. Eapen is directly involved with residents and medical students on inpatient rounds. His passions include emphasis on evidence-based medicine, medical simulation and medical jeopardy. He loves being at Mount Carmel because of the amazing atmosphere for teaching, and one on one interaction with residents. He loves opening the eyes of the residents and medical students to the great and wonderful world of Internal Medicine.
- He enjoys spending time with his wife Jenny, who is a Hospitalist at Mount Carmel West, and their three daughters Jaya, Aysha and Saraya.
Briana Donaldson, DO
Assistant Program Director
- Dr. Donaldson graduated from Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed her residency at Doctor's Hospital.
- Dr. Donaldson is a Board-Certified Internist that has worked both as a hospitalist and in a private office-based practice.
- She is excited about working with residents in a nurturing environment. Her passion is quality based medical care and preparing future generations of physicians to become excellent practitioners in both inpatient and outpatient settings. She is presenting "No Intern Left Behind" nationally at the ACGME conference in March 2019. She is also presenting at the APDIM on resident education.
- She enjoys spending time with her husband and two children, shopping, reading and fine dining.
Perry Lin, MD
Assistant Program Director
- Dr. Lin obtained his Bachelor of Science in Bioengineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and his Doctor of Medicine from Rush University in Chicago. He completed his Internal Medicine Residency at the University of Cincinnati. He is board-certified in Internal Medicine.
- Since Dr. Lin has led fellowship advising, there has been a 100% match rate for interested candidates. His weekly board review classes led to pass rates above the national average.
- He is an appointed member of Mount Carmel Physician Leadership Development group, Trinity Physician Wellness and Suicide Prevention, Trinity Diabetes Experts and more. He serves as the chair for the CRESS (Combined Residency Educational Seminar Series) committee.
- Dr. Lin is nationally recognized for his work in resident wellness, education and quality improvement. He has presented nationally at the ACGME national conference, APDIM national conference, ACP national conference, ACOI national conference and HVPAA national conference.
- Outside of work, he enjoys reading, watching movies, Chicago sports and spending time with his family.
Robert Battisti, MD
Assistant Program Director
- Dr. Battisti grew up in Ohio and performed his undergraduate work at The Ohio State University. He then completed a Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences and achieved his Medical Degree at Eastern Virginia Medical School. Dr. Battisti completed his residency at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, NC.
- Dr. Battisti is a Board-Certified Internist and worked as a hospitalist before joining the Mount Carmel team.
- His professional interests include inpatient care, medical education with an emphasis on early identification of deficits, high value care and quality improvement. Dr. Battisti has had projects presented nationally at the National ACP conference, the HVPAA conference, APDIM and the ACGME.
- Dr. Battisti's personal interests include spending time with his wife and sons, running and watching The Ohio State Buckeyes.
- Karen is the Program Administrator for both the Internal Medicine and Transitional Year Residency Programs. She loves working with the residents and helping them navigate their way through residency.
- Karen is a Columbus native, and graduated from The Ohio State University. She enjoys spending time with her husband Scott and son Shawn, attending concerts, baseball games, and traveling.