The ACGME requires residency programs/fellowships to provide verification of residency/fellowship education for all residents/fellows, including those who leave the program prior to completion. These electronic files will be stored in New Innovations and/or on the Graduate Medical Education shared drive.
Graduate Medical Education Residency and Fellowship Program Directors and Program Administrators
Resident/Fellow File Retention Policy
- Each Graduate Medical Education residency program/fellowship program sponsored by Mount Carmel will maintain an electronic file concerning each resident/fellow.
- The file will contain a record of the trainee’s supporting documentation as listed below:
- Evaluation summaries including rotation evaluations, 360 degree evaluations, milestone evaluations and year-end evaluations plus any other evaluations the program deems necessary
- Initial application (ERAS) including supporting documentation
- Procedure Logs
- Attendance Log
- Board certifications supporting documents
- Residency/Fellowship Graduation certificate
- Legal/Due Process information along with supporting documentation
- Any additional documents that are required to be maintained by applicable Institutional and Program Requirements of the ACGME.
- The electronic file will be regarded as confidential, will be maintained in a secure location and will be available only to the Program Director, Program Administrators, Graduate Medical Education office and Mount Carmel's Legal department when deemed necessary. A cover sheet will be on each scanned file that states "This File Contains Confidential Information, Access To This File And The Information Contained Therein Is Governed By The Content, Access".